RACE CAR TREATS
SUPER SPEEDWAY CUPCAKES
BY DUNCAN HINES
Take your new wheels to the race and watch everyone take them for a spin. They're sure to disappear fast with Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Yellow Cake Mix, Classic Chocolate Frosting and Classic Vanilla Frosting.
Hands ~ On Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Serving : Makes 24 cupcakes.
1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup water
1 tub Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Chocolate Frosting
1 tub Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
1 pkg silver dragees
1 pkg chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease muffin pans or line with paper baking cups.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
3. Bake at 350° F for 18 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely.
4. Frost a small circle in the center of the cupcake using the vanilla frosting. Then frost the remaining outer section of the cupcake with the chocolate frosting. (For an easier way to frost cupcakes, place frosting in a ziploc bag and cut tip off bag. Squeeze frosting around cupcake in circular motion.) Place one chocolate chip upside down in the center of the vanilla frosting and 5 silver dragees around the chocolate chip to complete the wheel effect. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
Makes 24 cupcakes
CHECKERED CHEWY FUDGE BROWNIES
BY DUNCAN HINES
With a crowd pleaser like Duncan Hines® Family Style Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix, these Checkered Chewy Fudge Brownies are sure to be a winner every time!
Hands on Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Serving: Makes 20 brownies
1 (21 oz) pkg Duncan Hines® Family Style Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
2 large eggs
1/4 cup water
1 bag powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350° F for metal pan, 325° F for dark or coated pan. Grease bottom of 13 X 9-inch pan.
2. Combine brownie mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Stir until well blended (about 50 strokes). Spread into greased pan and bake immediately.
3. Bake at 350° F for 27 to 30 minutes (add 3-5 minutes for dark or coated pan) or until toothpick inserted into venter comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
4. Cut brownies into squares.
5. To decorate, arrange alternating pieces of waxed paper on top of each brownie to form a checkered flag appearance. Carefully sprinkle powdered sugar over the uncovered corners of brownie until brownie surface is lightly covered. Once finished, lift the waxed paper and serve.
Makes 20 brownies.